Thursday, March 12, 2009

Industrial Visit...MTBE

Well, it's been awhile(again..so cliche). I just got the pictures i needed for this posting, so it took me awhile to do it. Well, on the 25th of february 2009, my section organized an industrial visit to MTBE plant in gebeng, adik-beradik to gambang i guess. The purpose was to understand analytical equipment better. Well, i kinda mess up that morning, the bus was suppose to go at 8, and i woke up at 7.55. So, without using complicating maths, u knw i was late, and very late.

Thanks to Souven, he went to my room and actually wake me up. I was half wake up dat time, so if im not mistaken i just change my clothes and go. Opps, u know what it means. So, when i reached there, not everyone was there, which was a let down, because if i knew, at least i could prepare myself better. Oh well, so we waited for the bus, and as usual, it's part of the Malaysian culture, we took off later than expected. Arrghhh!!!!

Well, after about an hour of journey, which i spent mostly on my psp, we reached there. The plant was very big, u can easily mistaken yourself by thinking your in a nuclear plant.(Though i never been to one) So, this is the scene there when we first arrived.



Well, not exactly my picture, but im there. Find me..

So, we were brought to the briefing room, and we waited quite awhile to see because the person handling us was having meetings. So, we walked around, took a few pictures, and see the awards and trophy they kept at the back of the room. To my surprise, our group was not the first group visiting the place. There were other group as well. So, here are few of the moments we went through there.



That's me and Souven, looking at some pictures...



Some of the plates that was diplayed there.

So, when the one handles us arrived, we were given safety briefing through a video presentation. Preparing the video itself took awhile as there were sound difficulties at the sound booth. So, after all speeches were given, we present them a plate as a memoir of the visit. Also, MTBE was kind enough to give us notepad as souvenir to remind us of our visit.


I forgot her name already. My lecturer is exchanging gift with her..


This was the group who did the industrial visit...


This is my group. We're working on our own visit. Hehehe...

Finally, around 10 am, we were brought to the labs. I don't have the pictures within the lab itself as they don't allow cameras and handphones in. What a bummer. So, we went through the labs and observed the analytical equipments inside. There were Gas Chromatography, there were also titration devices inside. The titration conducted here were all automated, so there were no need in using burrette, pippet and etc. We asked a lot of question, but my friend Ah Fatt dared me to ask the chemist there, how much they make per month. Guess what, it's between 5k to 8k, depends on working experience. Hmmm, interesting.

So, as time goes by, we completed our visit and was brought to the cafe. So, we had lunch, which was delicious compared to starbak. In total, it was a great experience for us, future Chemical Engineers. We manage to familiarize with the situation in a chemical plant, and get a early look on what to be expected when we entered industry later on. As we went back, we took a few memorable pictures.


This picture was took in front of the office...


This picture was took at the entrance, while waiting for the bus...

So in the bus they held like some sort of quiz where the winner will get hampers. Guess what, i'm one of the winners. Hehehee...


My hamper given by Mr. Izirwan..


Souven won too..

Overall, i had a great time there. I get a few pictures of what to expect when i graduated from University. One day, i hope i can achieve my dreams to be Plant Manager. But chemist also was a good career. The basic salary was very high. Anyway, this is all from me for this posting. Until next time. Jai jian.


Future Plant Manager...


P/S: MTBE stands for methyl tertiary butil ether....


-dlanor mrota-
-13 March 2009-

2 comments:

小米虫 said...

ronald。。 look like u thin liao le.. hehe...
gud o..
haha...
no eat ah...

ronald_atorm said...

yah.. i less eat liao..if can becum thinner i will be glad..help me siew ming..huhuhuhu...